Year 2 teacher required from September 2019
At Maun Infants, we are passionate about giving our children the best possible start to school life. Our dedicated and hardworking team go the extra mile to ensure that all our children and their families are well looked after during their time with us. The school values sit at the heart of our strong ethos and our approach is a partnership between nurture and challenge. We believe learning should be fun, exciting and engaging, and are constantly striving to ‘reach for the stars’ by being the best that we can be.
We are seeking to appoint a strong Y2 teacher to join the Maun team from September 2019, and are keen to appoint the right person to share their skills within our supportive team and successful school. We would welcome applications from teachers with experience of teaching in Key Stage 1, and particularly in Year 2. This post would suit an experienced teacher looking for a new challenge in a different school. Leadership responsibilities will form part of the role as appropriate to the career stage of the successful candidate and ideally, this would be as English Lead across school.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Creative, imaginative and passionate about all children having high quality learning experiences;
- Forward-thinking, positive, energetic, reflective and highly motivated;
- Committed to raising standards and working effectively alongside senior leaders to drive whole-school improvement;
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to working in partnership with our families.
In return we can offer you:
- A positive commitment to on-going professional development;
- Support from all levels within the staff team and governing body;
- A hardworking and dedicated team who are well-motivated to do their best for our children;
- A warm and welcoming learning environment within which all members of the team are valued;
- Happy, enthusiastic and friendly children who love to learn;
- A sense of humour and laughter, particularly when it’s needed the most!
Please do look at our website: www.mauninfantandnurseryschool.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged – please telephone 01623 860773, or email for an appointment (please note that school will be closed for half-term in the week beginning 18th February).
Closing date: 12.00pm on Thursday 7th March 2019
Shortlisting: Thursday 14th March 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 26th March 2019
If you have not heard from us by Thursday 21st March, please assume you have not been shortlisted.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS and Barred List check, and Disqualification from Caring for Children Regulations disclosure, along with satisfactory references prior to commencement of employment.