Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
PE and Sport Premium at Maun
The PE and Sport Premium Grant is extra funding provided to local authorities by the Government. This money is passed directly to schools and must be used to 'fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport...to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.'
At Maun Infant and Nursery School, we use the PE and Sport Premium to achieve our vision so that:
ALL pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
PE and Sport Premium at Maun 2019-2020
The total amount of funding expected 2020-2021 is £17,000
Click on the 'Sports Premium' documents below to find out the following:
- a full breakdown of how the money was spent 2019-20 and our evaluation of the impact of this, including how we plan to make these developments sustainable
- a full breakdown of how we intend to spend the money in 2020-21 based on our evaluation of the impact of spending last year.